Hey there! 🎮
So, you just got yourself a brand new PlayStation 5? Awesome! But hold on, don’t be so quick to get rid of your old PS4. I bet you’ve got loads of games saved on there, right? And it’d be a shame to start them all over again on your PS5. No worries, I’ve got your back! Let’s dive into the super easy ways you can transfer all your PS4 games and saved data over to your shiny new PS5. Ready? Let’s roll! 🚀
How to transfer PS4 games and saved data to PS5
Alright, buddy, it’s not rocket science. Let me break it down for you. There are four super simple methods to get all your beloved PS4 games and those precious saved data right over to your PS5. Let’s dig in!
Four Cool Ways to Make the Move
- Wi-Fi: Just like how you connect to browse and stream, you can use Wi-Fi.
- LAN Cable: Think of this as a direct bridge between your PS4 and PS5.
- Extended Storage: Kinda like using an external memory stick for extra space.
- PS Plus Cloud Storage: The cloud! Yup, that place where all your photos and files magically live.
Don’t Stress, Your Data is Safe! 🛡️
Now, don’t freak out, okay? When you transfer data, it won’t magically disappear or get messed up on either of your consoles. But, you know, to be on the super safe side, maybe give it a quick backup. Just in case any gremlins decide to mess with your data (okay, not real gremlins, but you get me, right?).
Oh, and here’s a quick tip for my trophy hunters out there: Want to keep flaunting all those awesome gaming achievements you’ve got? Just press the Options button when you’re checking out your Trophies. Then, hit Sync with PlayStation Network. Boom! All sorted.
Want a Visual? Check Sony’s Guide! 🎥
Not really a reading person? No sweat! Sony’s got this neat video guide that shows you step by step how to move your stuff between consoles. But hey, if you’re up for some more details, just keep reading here.
Transfer by network connection
Let’s Do This with Wi-Fi! 📡
So, first things first. The quickest and easiest method? Wi-Fi. Yup, that thing you use to watch funny cat videos. Here’s what you do:
- Connect Both Consoles: Make sure both your PS5 and PS4 are on the same network. Just go to their Settings and make the magic happen.
- Choose Your Connection: You can do it wirelessly. But, if you’re like me and get impatient sometimes, use an Ethernet (LAN) cable. It’s faster!
- Got Both on LAN Cables? If you already hooked up both consoles to the router using these cables, then you’re good to go. No need to connect the PlayStations to each other.
Watching The Magic Happen 📺
Now, if you’ve got a TV with more than one HDMI port, you’re in for a treat. You can switch between the two consoles and see everything happening in real-time. But if your TV’s only got one port, don’t sweat it! Just use another screen or keep swapping the HDMI cords between the PS4 and PS5. Easy peasy!
Let’s Start the Transfer! 🚀
When you first powered on your PS5, it probably gave you some onscreen steps for this. Missed it? No worries!
- Head over to Settings on your PS5.
- Dive into System > System Software > Data Transfer.
- Click on Continue when you’re ready.
Just remember, during this process, keep those cables plugged in. Don’t want any hiccups, right?
Listen to Your PS5 and PS4 🎶
Your PS5 will pop up with a message saying Prepare for Data Transfer. Now, listen closely. Press and hold the power button on your PS4 until you hear that lovely beep. On your PS5, just choose what you want to move over. I bet it’s those saved game files and some cool games.
Start that transfer and chill out for a bit. Once it’s all done, your PS5 will restart. And ta-da! All your PS4 stuff will be waiting for you on the PS5. Game on! 🎮🌟
Transfer by PS cloud server
Alright, if you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you’ve got a secret weapon: Sony’s cloud servers. With this, you can upload your games and data from your PS4 and then get them back on your PS5. Kind of like magic, but geekier.
Uploading Data from Your PS4 to the Cloud
- On your PS4, go to Settings.
- Look for Application Data Management and select it.
- Dive into Saved Data in System Storage.
- Choose Upload to Online Storage.
- Now, pick the games and files you’re eager to upload. If the cloud asks you to overwrite something, just hit Yes. Remember, you’ve got space for up to 100GB of PS4 data and about 1,000 saved game files. That’s A LOT!
Grabbing Your Stuff from the Cloud onto Your PS5
Now that your PS4 stuff is floating in the cloud:
- Power up your PS5 and head over to Settings.
- Go to Saved Data and Game/App Settings.
- Choose Saved Data (PS4).
- Pick Cloud Storage. Here, you’ll see all the cool stuff you uploaded.
- Select the files and games you’re missing and hit Download to Console Storage.
Keeping an Eye on PS5 Games in the Cloud 👀
For the games you’ve got on your PS5:
- Go to Sync Saved Data and select View Sync Status. This shows you how each game is doing.
- Or, while you’re chilling at your game library on the home screen, highlight any game, press the options button, and go for Check Sync Status of Saved Data.
And just like that, you’ve bridged the gap between your PS4 and PS5. Happy gaming, champ! 🕹️🌟
Transfer using an extended storage device
You know that nifty external storage device you’ve been using with your PS4? Well, it can be your best buddy when moving to the PS5. No need to re-download everything; just plug it in and play!
Safely Shifting from PS4 to PS5
- On your PS4, head to Settings.
- Next, go to Devices.
- Choose USB Storage Devices.
- Now, look for the option that says Stop and select it. This ensures everything’s safe and sound.
Alright, everything’s good to go! Unplug the extended storage from your PS4 and get it connected to your shiny PS5.
Moving Games Between PS5 and Your External Drive
Maybe you want to shuffle things around between your PS5 and the external storage. No problemo!
- On your PS5, open up your Game Library.
- Highlight the games or data you’re thinking about moving.
- Press the options button (you know the drill).
- Now, look for and select Move Games and Apps.
Wrapping It Up: Making the Move to PS5 is a Breeze!
By now, you’ve seen that jumping from your trusty old PS4 to the dazzling PS5 doesn’t have to be daunting. Whether you’re into the cloud magic, love the old-school network transfer, or have a handy external drive lying around, there’s a method just right for you. The most important thing? You keep all those cherished games and hard-earned saves. So plug in, set up, and dive into the new world of PS5 gaming. Happy gaming adventures await! 🚀🕹️🌟